Nowadays adding a conservatory to your home is one of the most common home improvements, and a good one at that! Yet in the summer months your conservatory will be subject to overheating if your structured is not well ventilated.
So adding conservatory blinds can be a great idea, and have many advantages. In this article I intend to explain the advantages and why you should think seriously about installing blinds to your conservatory.
Keeping cool – In the summer time you are probably going to want to make the most of your conservatory, installing blinds will help stop direct sunlight overheating your conservatory.
Blinds are a definite especially if your conservatory is structured south facing, this is due to the fact that they will be exposed to more sunlight than any other, and adding blinds will make your conservatory a calm, cool and also relaxing place in summer time.
Here are 7 great advantages for having blinds in your conservatory:
- Easy to install – Most designs of blinds in the modern era are built specifically for easy installation, this is due to the fact that while cleaning you may wish to take them out. As well as being easy to install for cleaning purposes they are so easy to clean, in fact most can be washed with a damp cloth, and some are even machine washable!
- Sunlight Control – This is a nice addition to any conservatory and one of the main assets of having blinds, sunlight control. Blinds are usually adjustable and this means you can have as much direct sunlight in your conservatory by using the rotation mechanism. You can create a laid back cool atmosphere by simply using this technique.
- Stylish – No matter what the style or design or theme you have within your conservatory you can get blinds to fit. With stylish choices in just about any colour or theme such as Roman blinds or even a personal favourite of mine the gorgeous wooden blinds. With so many good styles available you are definitely going to find one that will fit your décor.
- Privacy – If you live in a compact area especially you may struggle to have privacy within any place in your house, along with your conservatory. With it being an open area with plenty of window space you can be a custom to not having much privacy. So adding blinds ensures you can in fact measure how much you want of your conservatory area you want to be open to the naked eye, simple!
- Security – Along with the fact that adding blinds improves your privacy levels it also enhances your security levels too! It does this by simply hiding certain pieces of equipment you do not want people to know you have in your conservatory. For example you may have a widescreen television you do not wish to be seen, blinds will hide this!
- Insulation – As I have already spoke about adding blinds will ensure you can keep your conservatory cool in summer, and vice versa blinds also absorb heat and can in fact keep your conservatory at a comfortable and warm temperature in the winter months ensuring you can snuggle up by the fire in winter and have a cosy hot chocolate.
- Helps keep your furniture looking tip top – With security levels that I spoke about earlier and also how the blinds protect things such as expensive equipment. In a different way your blinds will help protect your furniture. If exposed to too much direct sunlight your furniture can become stained or damaged, and with your blinds you can ensure they are protected from this problem. Think about installing the new type of blind which in fact reflects solar energy ensuring that your furniture is protected.
As you can see there are some real positives to installing blinds in your conservatory, and they are not a bad price either, I would strongly advise anyone with a conservatory to think seriously about this.