The right location is crucial
Selecting the right location for your commercial property is extremely crucial to the efficiency, productivity and success of your business. Depending on the day-to-day needs and nature of your business, you must choose the premises suitable for your employees, clients or customers. Whether you are looking for a commercial property in a retail park beyond city limits, in an industrial estate or in the heart of the city, here are 10 Factors to Consider while Selecting the Location for Your Commercial Property:
- Proximity to your staff, major suppliers, related businesses and customers
- The cost of office rents and rates
- Proximity to public transport
- The local amenities
- Adequacy of parking and related constraints
- Congestion costs
- Charges levied by local bodies and business rates
- The ability to attract passing trade
City centre offices
If you are deciding whether or not to base yourself outside of a major urban centre then you need to take the following factors into account:
- Selecting an office space in or near a rural area will have the pros of being cost effective and will ensure a relaxing work environment. At the same time, suppliers will face inconvenience while delivering and employees might find difficult to travel.
- Selecting an office space in the heart of your city can be very convenient but not cost-effective.
You must consult an experienced and proficient estate agent to gain enough insight into local happenings and developments that could impact your business and its location.