Drawer Systems - How to choose a Drawer Slide
By: Gareth Jones
To choose the right drawer slide these are things you need to know:
- There are three main types of fixing methods for a drawer slide – Screw, Dowel or Clamp. ON Eurofit Direct we only sell screw fix methods, but the others are available to order.
- Most of our slides either fix to the side of the drawer if they are a ball bearing slide, or to the bottom if they are a bottom fixed roller runner.
- Our drawer slides are available in a full range of lengths from 250mm up to 750mm depending on the size of the drawer unit, and also the type of drawer slide you are looking at.
- The extension is how far the drawer will pull out from the drawer unit. Most of our slides are either extend to ¾ of the length of the slide, or to 100% of the length.
- The load ratio is important when looking for a drawer slide for heavy duty drawers. We offer range of heavy duty slides designed to take up to 160kg per draw. Our lowest ratings are about 25kg on a bottom fixed roller runner which is fine for most drawers in kitchens.
- This is how far the drawer is away from the drawer unit or carcass, these vary on the size of the slide, the load ratio and also the fixing position.