How to Choose a Table Base
What is a table base?
A table base consists of a base that sits on the floor which is weighted with a finished cover, or a solid metal unit. Attached to the base is usually a column or columns that determine the height of your table top and then attached to the top is a top plate that connects the base to the table top. Top plates are either cross/cruciform shaped or square with pre drilled holes to easily attach to a table top.
How to choose a table base
- First of all you need to measure your table top as I explained above in order to work out the size of the base you require. You should get a good idea through the purpose of your table base.
- You then need to think about the particular finish you want your table base to be. Here at Eurofit we supply three different finishes and they are:
- - Stainless Steel/Brushed – Stainless Steel provides a polished finish and the brushed option simply provides exactly what it says on the tine, a brushed affect.
- - Chrome – The chrome finish provides a stylish polished effect suitable for any bar or restaurant.
- - Black – The black finish is simple and formal while providing a durable option.
- Lastly, when selecting your table base finish you should bear in mind other pieces of furniture within your space, for example if you are using a particular colour chair then ensure that you select a similar base colour. There are no right or wrong answers as to which finishes you should select and it simply comes down to the buyer’s preference.