Measuring and fitting instructions for our Furniture Handles
Handles are generally very easy to fit, with a simple 1 or 2 holes required to secure them into place, but other things such as alignment and continuety can be be an issue. Most furniture handles are either a one or two bolt fixing, both of these designs tend to be surface mounted, making them easy to replace and install for even DIY novices.
Replacing existing Handles - Replacements can largely be handled with a suitable screwdriver and appropriate screws:
1) If replacing a two bolt handle, measure the distance between each screw entry hole to ensure that your new handle will fit the old spaces. If all is well proceed to the next step.
2) Use the screwdriver to unscrew the bolt/s on your old handle and remove the old handle.
3) Position the new handle over the hole/s and push the new screws through, tightening with your hands at first to hold the handle in place.
4) Finally tighten the screws fully using the screwdriver until the handle is securely in place.
Fitting New Handles - Installation of new handles is slightly different and will require an electronic drill and appropriate drill bit.
1) Position the new handle on the desired surface, mark out in pencil the entry points of the handle screws, measure out the entry points and ensure that they are correctly spaced and positioned.
2) Carefully drill through the entry points using a suitable drill bit to create space for the screws.
3) Position the handle over the hole/s and push the screws through, tightening with your hands at first to hold the handle in place.
4)Finally tighten the screws fully using the screwdriver until the handle is securely in place.