Eurofit - The home of furniture fittings & DIY components

What is The Difference Between a Drawer Slide and a Runner?


A lot is made of the question ‘what is the difference between a slider and runner?’ but we find that they basically offer the same function – letting a drawer move in and out – and therefore you can use either name for anything that relates to this action.


Although they have some minor technical differences both slides and runners offer the same basic function, they both allow a drawer to move in and out smoothly. As a result, we and most other companies prefer to call products of this type a Drawer Runner for the sake of simplicity as slides and runners are essentially interchangeable terms. 


Seen as though a Runner and a Slide are essentially the same it is more important that you know what you want from the runner. Depending on what you are using the runner for depends on what you want from it, whether it be; heavy-duty, light-duty, mini slide, aluminum slide, soft close, or bottom fix - the list goes on, all of which are available on our website.



Some companies use one term, some use both; All we'll say is it’s important to look at the function of the drawer rather than worrying about the name too much.





Need Some Help?

We’ve tried to answer as many of your questions as possible in our dedicated Help & Advice area. If there’s something we’ve missed, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by phone, or by email - we’ll always aim to get back to you within 48 hours.

01482 714488

Office/Warehouse Hours
Mon-Thurs 8.00-17.00
Fri 8.00-15.00

We aim to answer all emails within 48 hours.

Join Our Newsletter

Sign up to receive our special offers and great deals